We’ve just produced a trio of short videos documenting an important few weeks for Faversham Creek.
First, we filmed the arrival of the 1908 East Coast racing boat Mayhi at the Faversham Creek Trust’s workshop headquarters, the Purifier Building in Morrisons’ car park. As part of a new apprentice scheme, replacing the one lost when developers took over Standard Quay in 2011, trainee shipwrights will use the Mayhi as a template to build a full-size replica. Their newly-learned skills will then be put to use repairing bigger wooden ships.
Here she is being squeezed through the door of her new home unharmed thanks to the skill and ingenuity of shipwright Simon Grillett.
Secondly, we recorded Griff Rhys Jones’ visit to the Purifier is his role as head of Civic Voice, where he met volunteers and gave an impassioned speech about the importance of their work.
And finally, we were on hand to capture the official opening of both the building and the apprentice scheme by guest of honour Admiral Boyce.